Thursday, October 15, 2009

Quilt Festival

I made this quilt a few years ago. I found the pattern in a magazine (can't remember which one now), and tweeked it here and there. Some of the blocks they used I didn't like, so I found my own star blocks to replace them. I love the bright colors against the black background. Someday we'll have a lake or mountain house and this will hang on a big wall. Until then, we snuggle under it while reading or watching tv in the family room. Here's a close up of the quilting (thanks Kathy McCarty at A Thread Runs Through It.)



Thanks to Amy over at Park City Girl for once again hosting this fun event.

11 comments:

  1. Wow I love how it is quilted and the colors are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, i like thoose colors what you chose:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Love the colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt. the colors are great it is really shocking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very dynamic and beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt. There is just something about a black background. Makes the colors jump right out. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a stunning quilt! I love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty! I love how bold the colors are! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a striking quilt, perfect for a lake or mountain house, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an unusual quilt. I specially liked the centre block.

    ReplyDelete