Friday, April 17, 2009

Blogger Quilt Festival


I saw this pattern a few years back in a magazine. I had tons of reds in my stash and couldn't wait to make it. My children were going away to summer camp for the first time that summer and would be gone for 2 weeks. I had everything ready to go, it was going to be my summer camp quilt and I was so excited to spend my days sewing. I would have something to show for the time they were gone.
Well, it turned out to be a much more time consuming project than I had imagined, and I think I only had a quarter of the blocks finished when they got home. I did get all their toys in the basement organized and many closets cleaned. I finally finished the binding a year later. Better late than never.
Go here to check out the rest of the quilts in the festival and learn more.

38 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of hard work, but it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny how some of those projects just start sucking up the time once you get them started? IT's worth the effort, your quilt is gorgeous!

    Well done and a great entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love red! Wonderful Great Amazing Quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love red, white and black quilts. It's very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quilt.
    Red is my favourite colour!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You used the red fabrics so beautifully. Love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty. I love black, white, and red together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best laid plans... At least you didn't have a deadline. Great reds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt - love all the red!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like the reds in this quilt. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt Belva! I love all the reds and some of the best projects take so much longer thank expected - what a great accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous! I hope to make a red quilt one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the red in this quilt. It's funny how something simple turns out not to be that way. Your hard work paid off..it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderfully vibrant........don't usually see lots of red.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty quilt. Love the pin-wheels and the red, white and black!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never made a red quilt, so i really loved this one! Beautifully done!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh joy, oh bliss, wow, love the combination of all the reds and then the black and white to set them off. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cn only imagine the time this took to complete...I love the bold colors, it is very pretty...and my..what a talanted quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the red with the black and white, very striking. It does look like a lot of work but came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how funny! This has been on my "to do" list for quite while. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Red is my favorite color. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah, yes. The best laid plans. But so worth the extra time and effort! It is a beautiful quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. One of my favorite color combos! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, stunning entry. It certainly has a lot of impact. Love the border.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love, love, love your quilts and ALL the quilts on your blog, actually! Your banner photos is wonderful too! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ooooh!!! What a stunning quilt! Red is my favourite colour and you sure did a beautiful job choosing colours!

    ReplyDelete
  27. How wonderful to have an opportunity like that to just indulge in piecing and quilting. Those colours really look good.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Black, white and red is one of my favorite color combinations. This quilt is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely quilt. So many different fabrics and a challenging pattern, too! I love black, white and red. I know about underestimating time ;^) I multiply by 10 now----literally!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is very striking! My projects always take me at least twice as long as I think they will - unless I really get inspired and can't quilt sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your quilt. You did a great job. Excellent choice of color! Thanks for sharing.

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete