I'm beside myself. My trusty Bernina 153 wass giving me terrible problems on Sunday. Thread kept breaking....I changed needles...still giving me problems. So I decided to pull the bobbin out to see if I had done something wrong there. No, it was fine. As I went to put it back in that's when I realized what the problem was. The pin that you slide the bobbin case onto as on the table. It had broken, and when I pulled the bobbin out it came out too. UGH. This does not make Belva a happy camper.
I took my machine in today and they said it will take $150 and at least a week to get the part. What am I going to do for a week without my sewing machine? So while I was there I decided to see what there was in the way of new machines.
Have you seen the new Bernina 820? Ohh la la. Oh how I covet that machine. Now I could do some serious machine quilting on that baby. Someday.
I have all our pictures from 2009 so far that have not been scrapbooked. I suppose this will get me in gear to get caught up on that. But I want to sew.
4 days ago
I know what you mean. Just took my Bernina and my Juki TL98e in yesterday so I'm without my machines too. The only difference is that I'm supposed to get mine back on Friday. Thank goodness!! I don't see how you'll survive without yours for a whole week! :))
ReplyDeleteLast November I traded in my Bernina Artista 200 for a Pfaff Creative Vision.....the Benina 820 was a bit out of my price range (if it's the one I'm thinking of). Heck, the Pfaff and the Bernina I traded in were out of my price range. I'm thinking about getting my mom's old Kenmore (~35 years old) to have as a backup in case Pfaff has to be serviced....
ReplyDeleteHope you get your machine back sooner vs later!
What I would like to know is whose price range they are in?! What is the market? How many do they actually sell? Ahhh, to dream.
ReplyDelete